Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Almost There...

We are one week and 2 days into the kitchen reno now and it is coming along very nicely. By Friday, we had some of the upper cabinets installed and our new pantry wall was started which previously had no cabinets at all.

Over the weekend, we, well it was really just me with some help from my little munchkins did some painting.  Hubby decided it would be a good time to power wash the deck?! Really?!



I managed to get most of it done.  It is so much easier to paint when you don't have to worry about dripping on floors and countertops etc.  I had to tape off some of the cabinets but mostly it was the easiest painting I have ever done.  Here are some shots of it after it was painted this nice warm, creamy colour.



Our contractor wasn't in on Monday but boy did he ever make up for it today.  These are all of the cabinets installed.





Of course there is still a lot of finishing work to be done, but it looks so fantastic already.  I can't believe how much bigger and brighter it looks even with the dark cabinetry.

The floors will be installed on Thursday and Friday so stay tuned for that update.

Cheers,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. it looks amazing!! and comming along fast too! my DH and i just started tearing down the walls... we couldnt wait untill april 1st as planned... but what a difference in ur space just by taking out the small wall beside the stove... and the pantry wall!! great idea! ur going to have a really beautiful kitchen when ur done...

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your comments on a post so please keep them coming. However, due to spam issues, I will be approving comments before they are posted so I apologize for the inconvenience and delay in seeing your comments on the post. Thank you for your understanding.

~Lisa