Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Mantel

I know it is a bit late to post about my mantel only 5 days before Christmas. But the reason I didn't post sooner was two fold.  First of all, I hate posting about half finished projects and secondly, I was waiting for this little baby to arrive.


I had ordered it from Beyond the Rack about 6 weeks ago and I had so hoped it would come before Christmas.  It came just in time!  So finally I give you my Christmas mantel.


I am quite pleased with it.  I always use the basics each year, the garland with lights and then I usually add some accessories to it, like pine cones and ornaments.  This year because of the teal in my carpet I decided to throw that into the mix as well, so there are some cute little teal cupcake ornaments which I found at the dollar store believe it or not.  Also, I added some branches in vases with some pretty blue and teal stones that I also found at the dollar store.

When my daughter and I were shopping at Michaels one day, we bought this peacock feather because it caught her eye and so it too was added to the display.


Probably, my favourite part of the mantel display is the stockings.  The reason....they were all made by my mom. She is very talented and has over the years made all of these special heirlooms for everyone in our family.


So there you have it.  This will be my last post until after the holidays, so may you all have a very Happy Holiday and a joyful new year! See you in 2013!

Until next time...Lisa

2 comments:

I always love to hear your comments on a post so please keep them coming. However, due to spam issues, I will be approving comments before they are posted so I apologize for the inconvenience and delay in seeing your comments on the post. Thank you for your understanding.

~Lisa