Monday, January 21, 2013

Paint Colour Dilemma

I am soooo tired of the builder beige rooms in my house.  The house was built about 10 years ago, we've lived here for 4 months and we just found out that the previous owners never, ever painted.  Therefore, all that is on our walls is tinted primer.  Tinted primer and two small kids do not mix, it is NOT washable in any way, shape or form not too mention it is B-O-R-I-N-G.

I need to get this place painted.  We have done our family room already which you saw a glimpse of in my Christmas Mantel post but I will do a proper post on that room sometime in the near future.  Now, we are working on trying to complete the kitchen, dining room, laundry room and powder room to have the main floor finished with the exception of the entry/stairway which I think we will have to hire someone to do given that it reaches up two full stories.


For now, I am focusing on the dining/playroom.  You remember the playroom don't you?  Well, it's not that bad now, I cleaned it up and removed some of the toys but we still need to figure out more storage/decor options.

My inspiration in this room is my stretched fabric art and these are some of the colour options we have.


We have an espresso coloured table and chairs...



...and this table runner.


Of course the table runner can be changed if necessary but I really like the idea of staying with the orangey reds.  My husband, however feels it might be too much for the space.  The room is quite long and at the opposite end from the art is a wall of windows.  There are also 2 additional long narrow windows on one side wall and glass french doors on the other.  The room is quite well lit with natural light during the day.


My favourite option is the one at the bottom, it is called Mexican Chili by Behr.  Brad prefers the next one up, the light sage green which is called Southern Breeze by Behr.

I would love it if you would weigh in and give us your thoughts.  I'll update you once the room is complete.

Until next time...Lisa

I linked up at:

 

I Heart Nap Time

1 comment:

  1. I like your choice but I am probably biased toward your choice.

    Dalene

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your comments on a post so please keep them coming. However, due to spam issues, I will be approving comments before they are posted so I apologize for the inconvenience and delay in seeing your comments on the post. Thank you for your understanding.

~Lisa